- Large scale patterns in space and time and the California El Niño
- Pelagic diversity maintenance
- Pelagic biogeography
- Climate and change in the California Current
Pelagic ecosystems are the largest and among the oldest on Earth. They process large quantities of atmospheric gases and produce at least half of Earth's organic compounds. Their diversity, structure, and productivity are strongly influenced by large-scale, time/space variations in oceanographic and atmospheric dynamics, including climate. I study these patterns.
- B.S., Oregon State University
- M.S., Oregon State University
- PhD, University of California, San Diego-Scripps Institution of Oceanography